College essay topics
Your college application is incomplete until you've included a college essay on a particular topic. No one can argue about the importance of writing a perfect college essay, as it goes a long way in improving your chances of finding a place in your favorite college. Even if you have good academic background, you will fail to create a positive impression on your admissions committee by submitting a badly written and poorly thought out college essay. To ensure you write an impressive essay, take the first step in the right direction and pick one of the most interesting college essay topics.
More about Personal Essay Topics
You will be able to write an impressive personal essay if it shares your experience, feelings, and emotional attachment with something. It should connect the reader in some ways, and this will happen only if you select one of the most appropriate college essay topics.
For a winning essay, it is important to introduce the theme/topic of your essay right in the introductory paragraph. At the time of picking a topic, you should bear in mind that this type of an essay would not require you to argue for something or prove a point using scholarly resources. You simply need to write about your personal ideas, feelings, and experience. It is also a good idea to talk about specific achievements – you may also consider describing a significant influence on your life.
In case you're finding it difficult to select a topic, we have put together a list of 50 college essay topics that you can use for inspiration.
- Write about a speech that changed your life
- Write about an event that affected your life
- Write about the person who has a great importance in your life
- Describe what should have been invented today
- Write about what would you do if you were a superhero
- Write about the power you'd like to have as a superhero
- Write about your hometown
- Describe a bit about your country or another country of your choice
- Write in detail why you like a particular move
- Describe the reasons why you like a particular politician
- Share details of why you think a celebrity should leave showbiz
- Share your accomplishments, including the greatest one
- Describe your favorite reality show
- Share why you think reality shows are scripted
- Describe what profession you'd want to choose for yourself
- Describe how you have been so productive for your local community
- Describe why you think computer games are good or bad
- Describe different challenges you've overcome in your life
- Do you agree there are honest people in politics?
- Why you think younger generation should take part in politics?
- Who do you think is the greatest politician of all times?
- Share the benefits of being bi-lingual
- Who do you think is the best fictional character of all times?
- What do you think your classmates would have to say about you?
- Explain how a tutor or teacher has influenced you
- Analyze a recent article, online or offline.
- Describe in depth the eulogy of a hero
- Should you be a part of a social network or not
- Who do you admire the most in your family and why?
- Who do you think is the real national hero?
- Do you think that space travel will ever be accessible by all?
- Are you more like your father or mother?
- What are the attributes you love about yourself?
- What would be that single thing in your personality that you'd want to change
- How do you think you will discover more about yourself in university?
- Do you take yourself as a pessimistic or an optimistic individual?
- What do you think are the perks of living in a multi-cultural family
- What helped you select your degree course?
- Describe yourself in four sentences and then elaborate on each
- What do you think is better – compassion or sense of humor?
- Do you live in the past or prepare yourself for the future?
- Describe one of the most rewarding experience of your life
- Write in-depth about your very first memory
- Write about the main characteristics of Americans
- What do you think you will be in ten years time
- Who are on your top-5 list of favorite people, dead or alive, that you'd invite to a diner?
- Describe a bit about the most interesting characters you have in your family tree
- Do you really believe that fashion is irrelevant?
- Describe about a recent challenge you failed to overcome but it helped you learn a lot.
- Is it fine to fall in love with the Internet?