Proposal essay topics
Before students write a college research paper; many lecturers and professors like their students to write a proposal essay first. This ensures that the students come up with a topic which is suitable, and can achieve good marks.
If you want to give yourself the best chance of having your proposal accepted, then you need to choose a good proposal essay topic. There is no set definition of a good topic, and the right kind of topic will vary depending on the subject you are studying, but there a few things which will often constitute a good essay topic.
- Controversial or contentious subjects
- A topic where the student has new information to contribute
- A complicated subject which is conveyed to a general audience
- A topic which allows the student to undertake original research and analyze that information
- A topic which contributes to the wider academic landscape
There are many different proposal essay topics which can be researched to help give you inspiration, though whatever you choose to do, check that it is a suitable topic with your professor, and make sure you have an interest in the topic.
Here is a list of proposal essay topics to help guide you and to help you come up with your own essay proposal ideas:
- What incentives should the government provide to help nurture new businesses?
- How can social divides in inner cities be addressed?
- Should standardized testing be the main route for college entry?
- Technologies for nuclear waste disposal
- Physiological changes in microgravity for humans in spaceflight
- Methods of atmospheric control to help combat climate change
- The effects of lobbying in government
- The legality of synthetic drugs; is the legal framework out of date?
- A test a new quick diet
- US gun licensing policies
- Climate change and the ENSO cycle
- Climate change and glacial melting
- Climate change and hurricanes
- Climate change and the US tornado season
- The links between computer gaming and attention disorders
- The effect of social networking on teen culture
- America's policies in regards to global warming
- Issues of sustainability in newly developed countries
- The potential uses of graphene and silicene
- Quantum computing and its potential future uses
- How will we interact with technology in the future?
- The similarities between the film and the gaming industry
- The predictability of the weather; how far can we go?
- Newfound dinosaur species
- The 'alcoholism gene'
- Stem cell tissue as an alternative to animal testing
- The ethics of genetic profiling
- The ethics of 'designer' babies
- The philosophy and science of whether or not we are alone in the Universe
- The San Andrea Fault and new methods of earthquake prediction
- The evolution of popular music in a chosen decade
- Established methods of teaching and new methods of teaching
- The state of US college admissions